The Oppenheimer Memorial Trust makes awards and grants in specific sectors and focus areas, where the criteria varies.
In education we support:
- Graduate Study – a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate education at Master’s, Doctoral and Postdoctoral level are awarded.
- Sabbatical Study- a limited number of grants are awarded each year. These awards are intended specifically for full-time academics undertaking sabbatical study. Preference is given to candidates with a proven record of teaching and research excellence
- PBOs (Public Benefit Organisations)
- School based programmes (basic education)
- Higher education
- Undergraduate study
- Postgraduate study
- Academic programmes
- Performing and creative areas
- Policy and advocacy
The trust awards approximately 200 to 250 recipients annually.
Drive, energy and the intent to change their lives and the lives of those around them marks most, if not all, of the beneficiaries of the Trust, and the Trustees themselves. It is a tribute to this country, and one we should all celebrate, that it remains so full of pioneers and solid citizens, some overcoming seemingly insuperable odds to move ahead, and all committed to a positive future.